More Information on Trip Refunds
Correction: Between June 25, 2021 and 1:14 pm on July 2, 2021, the message posted on the website, below, contained erroneous information which has now been corrected.
Over the past year, Explorica and both insurance companies (Old Republic Insurance Company of Canada [“Old Republic”] and Arch Insurance Canada, Ltd. [“Arch”]) have remained committed to helping students and families receive reimbursement for trips impacted by COVID-19. While we recognize that this process has taken much longer than any of us had hoped, all parties have worked together and reached an agreement to jointly fund your reimbursement. On behalf of both Explorica and the insurance companies, Old Republic and Arch will process and pay your reimbursement by cheque within the next 15 days. The reimbursement cheque will be sent to you from your insurance provider and will be mailed to the address you previously provided. Again, we regret that this has taken as long as it has, but Explorica, Old Republic, and Arch are happy to have been able to resolve this issue.
Note: For certain 2020 customers, as well as 2021 customers who made a claim under covered reason “O” of their insurance policy (“School Board Cancellation”), Explorica has agreed to process and reimburse eligible claims.
Our approach to managing this situation is:
- Timely - Our team is working on resolving this situation as fast as possible, so you can focus on educational activities
- Responsible – We manage your personal trip information responsibly, as has always been the case in our 20-year history of enriching students through educational travel
- Caring – We understand your frustration and are committed to managing this issue for your benefit
This page was last updated on July 2, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- While we recognize this process has taken much longer than any of us had hoped, Explorica, Old Republic, and Arch Canada have reached an agreement to jointly fund your reimbursement.
- The insurers will be processing and paying your reimbursement by cheque within the next 15 days (starting date: June 25).
Should you have any issues accessing your account, please follow these steps:
- Log into your account at explorica.ca
- Once logged in, click on “View all tours and quotes.”
- If your tour doesn’t appear, check to ensure the box is checked under “show cancelled tours.”